Monday, August 09, 2010

Mountain Tour

Yesterday we had day 2 of Woods tours which took us across the island to several hot spots consisting of lunch in Aiya Napa and a quick wizz around the club district. It was then back to catch the football and a few beers before heading out for Dinner. It was a car journey across to a tranquil harbour which was full of Cypriots feasting on fishy delights. The restaurant was situated right next to a calm harbour which had a nice welcome breeze to keep me cool. I went for sea bream which was a treat and with a few helping of chips i was more than satisfied.
Day 3 of Woods Tours took us into the mountains to the highest point in Cyprus, Mount Olympus. It was a good 2 and a half hour journey which passed some stunning landscapes and gave numerous photographic opportunities on the way. When we finally reached the peak we had gone from 34 degrees down to 25.5 degrees due to the fact we were 1900 metres above sea level. At one point I had a bit of a spazz due to the fact I picked a pine cone off a tree only to see some black insect crawling inside. I didn't bother to give enough time to investigate and see what it was a threw it on the floor like a little girl. We stopped off fof lunch in Troodos where I had a cheesburger and chips to keep me going before we went to find a waterfall hidden away down a 2k dirt track. Although it was a bumpy ride I was well worth the trip as it gave me the opportunity to dip my feet into cold water. I did misjudge a step when trying to get into a posing position for a photo and sunk up to my shorts, I blame the deceptiveness of the water - I have also got photographic evidence of this which is quite amusing. In the evening we went for a quick dip in the pool before going for a few pints down the local and retreating back for some ham and salad - just to balance out the alcohol consumption.