Monday, August 13, 2007

Chang Mai / Glasses

We had reached our destination Chang Mai albeit being 4 hours late in the end due to the line being wet or something but it didn't matter too much as we had no plans for the day.


We got picked up from the train station and taken to the Serenity Hotel where we would be spending one night before our Hill Tribe Trek. I managed to get a room to myself again so had loads of space and the room was really nice, a bit better than the hotel I stayed at in Bangkok.


Everyone chilled out for a bit then met up later for a meeting about our Trek and more detail about what we would be doing. It was then off to the local rental shop to hire trekking gear if you needed it, I got a bag, poncho, re-hydration salts and a roll mat as I had already brought a sleeping bag with me.


Once we had sorted out our stuff we all met up to go and look around the night bazaar market where there were amazing artists, the drawings they had done looked just like photos and were so cheap! After an hour or so we met up for dinner at an outdoor restaurant just off the market. I had shrimp Pad Thai, which was really nice.


It was then onto a Reggae bar where we went for a few drinks and listened to a band who were playing quite a few Bob Marley covers. We were taking photos and I would take my glasses off so that their was no reflection, but I guess I must have forgotten to put my glasses back on at some point and not thought about it again until the next morning when I realised my glasses were missing!!!!!

No comments: