Sunday, July 17, 2005

Los Angeles

The flight to LA wasn't to bad as the only free seat on the plane was in between Me and a german guy who was sitting on my row so I had room to stretch my legs out. I managed to get a couple of hours sleep I think before landing. It was hassle free getting through customs and much easier than I had expected. Emmas plane was landing in an hour so I went and sat on one of the chairs near the arrival and waited. The plane landed on time and the first few people started to filter out of the exit so I kept my eyes peeled. About an hour later and most people have gone, eventually Emma strolls out with her big backpack on!

At this point we didnt really know how we were getting to our hotel in Santa Monica so Emma went to find out what our options were while I looked after the bags. We ended up getting on the Super Shuttle which dropped us off right outside our hotel which was handy. I acually found a mobile phone on the back seat of the shuttle so gave the numbers in the phone book a ring, I thought 'mum' and 'dad' would be my best bet....but no answer machines!! After ringing several numbers and listening to answerphone messages I eventually got through to someone who said "wow your home, how was it" before I could even say a word to which I replied...eeerr sorry Iv'e just found this phone on the back seat of an airport shuttle!!! Well after a few words I found out the owner was on a flight back to Hawaii where they lived haha so their wasn't much chance of getting it back to them. In the end an american woman on the shuttle said she would post it back to them so I handed it over and left her to sort it out.

We were the last drop off and we were so glad to get to the air conditioned hotel and check into our room. The room was really nice and I just lay down on the bed for a while as I was completely knackered. The room had cable and was also equipped with an N64 but you had to pay to play so I didnt bother. I did try and find where it was hidden though without any look but I did stumble across a pristine copy of the 1985 April edition of playboy which was hidden under the bottom drawer!!! Hopefully I can make some money on eBay with that :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kev - didn't the German guy leave his beach towel on the spare seat to reserve it for his friend?

Anonymous said...

Hi kev & emma, I have had two teeth pulled out today (Ouch) How are you both i love reading about your adventures, the pictures are great as well. see you both soon lots of love from your little cousin sophiexx

magickev said...

Hello Thophie, can you thpeak properly or do you thound like thith? We are fine and will hopefully have some more pic up soon, were starting our TrekAmerica trip tomorrow! Dont forgt to put those teeth under your pillow ;) love kev & emma x

Anonymous said...

Hi Kev & Emma,
Hope you are both having a great time. I love reading about your adventures on my lunch break looks like you are having a brill time. Look forward to the next update.
Love
Amy

Anonymous said...

Hey Dude

Good luck with your Trek America, i'm off to Melbourne tomorrow to start my Oz tour. I lost your email thank the lord i din't lose those creative pictures you drew though!! Can you email me your address christian_ss@vodafone.net

Netto