Thursday, July 07, 2005

Two Places At The Same Time!

I had to get a flight to Auckland first and then the connecting flight to Samoa. The flight from Auckland was about 15min delayed so by the time I landed and had got off the plane in Auckland it was about 9ish which was cutting it close for getting my 10pm flight to Samoa, plus before I could go through to departures I had to go and pay a departure fee at the bank and also get some money changed so it was quite a rush but I managed to get on the plane in time.

You didnt get your own tv on the plane but they were showing Robots the computer animated film so I sat and watched that which was quite good before getting a little sleep. The flight was around 4 hours and landed In Samoa at 3am on the same day I had left NZ, which meant I was having the same day all over again because of the dateline. When I went through customs and stuff the guy didnt even look at my passport photo or anything and just told me to go through which seemed quite bizzare. I had booked a shuttle bus from the sirport to my hostel and there was a white board with my name on it when I came out of arrivals. I was the first person on the shuttle so had to wait for the other few people to come before it left.

The ride in to Apia the capital was approx 40mins and I was the last drop off. By this time it was nearing 5am and I was completely knackered as this was still 4am to my by NZ time. I got off the shuttle and they unloaded my bags, but my small backpack wasn't there, great!! So I told the driver and they said it must have been dropped off at the last hotel. Apparently they had told me to wait and they would go and have a look but I didnt hear them so I started to walk towards the hotel. I had walked a few minutes down the road when I shuttle buss passed me and then reveresed back - it was my shuttle bus that had just gone back and collected my bag (luckily it was there) and wondered why I had walked off haha. Anyway I was glad to get my bag back and then went to check in at the hostel. I though I would make a lot of noise getting into bed but my bed was right next to the door which gave me enough light to get into bed without making too much noise, plus there were only a couple of other guys in the room anyway. Mission Accomplished!

No comments: