Friday, July 08, 2005

Samoa

Although I had got to bed so late I still set my alarm for 8.30 so I could get up in time for breakfast which was included so I could at least meet whoever else was staying in the hostel. One of the guys that was in my room the night I arrived had left and the other guy Jason was staying for a few more days so talked to him for a while then went for a stroll into town to check the place out. The weather was really nice and there were loads of people around, especially around the market area in town who just seemed to be wandering around and not doing an awful lot. I then bumped into Jason in town and walked back to the hostel with him. There was a Marine Reserve 2 minutes down the road from the hostel so I went with Jason the check it out. I got a mask and snorkel and went to find some fish! You had to swim out quite a way before you got to the reef but once you were there tons of fish were swimming around which were really kool to watch. I even managed to spot a blue starfish which looked awesome. It was a really nice relaxing swim looking at the sea life and the water was quite clear too. In the evening I went out with Jason and an old couple that were also staying at the hostel to go and watch the Lions 2nd test match in the local sports bar.

No comments: