Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Singapore Galore

Well got up early this morning to have a shower and get my stuff together in time to catch my train to the airport. When I got to the airport I managed to navigate myself to the check-in desk, but before I checked in I zipped away the straps on my bag and put on my security mesh. I then noticed that all bags being checked in went through an X-ray machine and was just hoping they didnt want to have a look in my bag as I had just spent a while packing it all away ready, luckily they didnt. So I check in and then went to the shops before going to my departure gate. I bought a few souveniers and went to sit down to pack them in my rucksack. I had my hands pretty full so decided to sit on my boarding pass while I packed the stuff in. After I had done that I went to get a drink and an ice cream to get rid of the last of my cash. A man then came up to me and said is that your ticket on the chair?? I couldnt believe I had wlked off and forgot I was sitting on my boarding pass what an idiot, I guess im just lucky that it wasnt taken as I havnt got a clue what I would have done then. With a sigh of relief I walked down to my departure gate and waited until we started boarding.

When I checked in I asked if I could have an exit seat so I could have some extra leg room. I got on the plane and my seat was amazing I had soo much room miles of space it was wikkid. There was also no-one sitting behind me so I could recline as much as I liked without feeling guilty about crushing the people behind me. I was travelling with Singapore airlines and there were great it was possibly the best fligh I have ever been on it felt like I was in first class if I were to imagine what that is like haha. They came round with a hot flannel first, then papers, then a drinks/meal menu you were being waited on hand and foot. Then the drinks came round and I had a Singapore Sling I thought it was only right. I had a couple of those before they brough out lunch which consisted of a marinated seafood salad, beef strogonoff served with buttered veg and pilaf rice. For dessert there was cheese with crackers and a chocolate truffle cake it was all very nice. The in flight entertainment was pretty good too similar to that on the Virgin flight I had.

Whe I landed I decided I would get the bus to the place I was staying (Metropolitan YMCA). No-one was very helpful but I eventually found out what bus to get. The only problem then was knowing what stop to get off at, I had a map but it wasnt a bus map and I was struggling to work out where I was. I think im too used to the japan buses which are so much more helpful and display the name of each stop before you get there!! Anyway I ended up asking a lady on the bus who spoke english but couldnt read it, she told me where to get off and I started to walk to the hotel which was a 15-20min walk. I did have directions but I didnt think they were very good so didnt want to go looking for another bus, but the walk nearly killed me. This place is so humid and I was sweating so much. When I eventually got to the hotel I went up and had a shower straight away it was so refreshing. My room looks ok and I have a en-suite bathroom and tv. Because the place is pretty big I dont know if thre will be many people hanging around but we'll see.

No comments: