Saturday, April 30, 2005

Wet Wet Wild / The Airport

Today I had to check out of my Hotel but that wasnt until 12 so had time for breakfast and to get everything ready. I have accumulated so many leaflets and tickets so far that it was too many to take to Oz so I went to the post office and posted them home along with a few other things. It was half the price to send it sail mail so I did that, it prob will get back home the same time as me.

After I had sorted out the stuff at the post office I decided to spend my last day at Wet Wet Wild which Is Singapores water park. The waterpark itself was relatively small but had won the innovation award of 2004 for this one ride they had. It was like a vert ramp in size but not quite vertical, you sat on a rubber ring and went down this ramp and up the other side It was really good. I have a little video of it for anyone who wants to see. So I spent the day at the park and then made my way back to the Hotel as I had left my baggage there and I also wanted to do my laundry before I left for the airport. I just had enough time and made it to the airport approx 3 hours before departure. I then found out I wasw flying Singapore airlines again woohooo!! They didnt have any exit seats left though and the woman said the flight was pretty full. She said she was going to make a request for me anyway whatever that meant?

Im keeping this post short and sweet as im at the airport taking advantage of the free internet point but there are people waiting so don't want to be too long. And I dont have the ability to upload any pics from today im afraid I will do that when I get to my next Hostel. Well Im going to look around the shops now before my flight, bye for now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kev
I work with your dad and he told me you were in Sydney. I'm from Queensland in Oz and was in Sydney last year with some mates. We bought a See Sydney and Beyond Card from the Tourist Office just near the Opera House. It's great value and will get you into all the major attractions you buy a 2, 3 or 7 day ticket. One of the options is the Jetboat on Sydney Harbour it's awesome - highly recommend it, the boat is near Darling Harbour from memory. The Majestic Cruise is nice too, had free tea or coffee and a plate of seafood. (very yummy)This is the site http://www.seesydneycard.com/.
Hope you have a good trip.
Cindy