Thursday, June 02, 2005

Cairns

Today we were making a stop at the Johnstone River Crocodile Farm which has the largest croc's in Oz. This place was absolutely amazing, the crocs were awesome and there were tame kangeroos about that you could go up to and stroke. They also had Cassowaries and other birds to see. After we had been around the farm we had the chance to hold a baby Croc and some snakes which was the best thing ever. I loved having a huge snake around my neck and got some people to take my photo with them so I will have to wait until they email them to me before I can post them on my blog. I also tried some croc meat while I was there which tasted quite odd, It was kind of a pork texture but didnt have much of a taste I cant really describe it. I forgot to mention it but the other night at Mission Beach I tried Kangeroo which was really nice :D

We then made our way to the Bungee place near Carins where only only of our group did the bungee, but we got a free BBQ which was kool. As a few people are heading to New Zealand there gonna wait until they get there as the jumps are bigger and better! Before we arrived at Carins we each got a voucher for a place called the Woodshed in Cairns which allowed us to have anything off the menu plus a free beer for a crazy price of $6.50 and also gave us an extra happy hour. I went for the T-bone steak which was super nice and just what I needed. Everyone from the bus eventually turned up there and It was a really good night.

I looked on the internet about my camera and found out that I actaully cant fix the problem and am unable to use my camera to take any more pics :(( Hopefully Its covered by the warranty and I can get it sorted but that still means I will have to get a new camera asap so I can keep taking pics of my travels! Hopefully I will get a new camera sorted soon and will be able to post some more pics up!

Ive just spent the day looking around Cairns and camera shops but didnt have any look finding one. My flight to New Zealand is tomorrow and there are two guys Justin and Chris from the Oz bus that are also on the same flight so thats kool. There are also a couple more people flying to NZ tomorrow off my bus but there with a different airline, though we will still be able to meet up with them in Auckland!!

Im ready to get the trousers and jumper out tomorrow haha!

No comments: