Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Last Day In Taupo

Well last night there was a Pool comp on at the Holy Cow bar so Me and Justin went up to enter as it was free, we had a ticked for a free beer and the winner got $100! We were playing Kiwi rules which are really rubbish! Basically if you foul the other person still only gets one shot and if you foul when your on the black you lose. I managed to win the first game by the other person potting one of my balls on the black and then the second game went ok and I managed to clear up. The third game which was the quarter final was against some guy who thought he was well good strutting around like he was a big hotshot he looked like a right idiot, so that made me really determined to beat him to whipe that smirk off his face! Anyway he managed to pot most of his balls off the break and only had a couple left so I had to start playing some tactical shots to keep myself in the game. I kept playing some really nice shots and snookering him everytime which I could see he was getting really annoyed with after a while as he couldnt pot any of his balls. In the end he managed to pot his last two balls but the black was safe on the cushion and just went up the other end of the table, which gave me a brilliant snooker that was really hard to get out of. Anyway he missed the black and in Kiwi rules that meant I won haha!! I lost my next game but didnt really care I was just pleased id beaten flip flop boy - who wears flip flops in the winter and to a bar????

Today we got up fairly late as I lay in bed for a while reading my book the rule of four which is awesome, I chose it at random and its turned out to be a really good read. After I got up we then went down to the info desk to see what we could do to fill up our last day in Taupo. We spotted a golf leaftlet and decided a game of pitch and putt would be fun so went to ask the guy at the desk where the nearest one was. We got our directions and then walked about 5 mins to where it was on the map. When we got there it was a mini golf course, obviously the guy at the desk thought they were the same thing. Anwyay we decided we may as well stay there and have a round. That was quite fun and I manged to get a good score :)

After that we went into town, I checked in the post office to see if my camera had arrived there but it still hasn't :( hopefully it will be there in the morning! Justin needed to exchange a hat he'd bought and then we had a look around a few of the other shops. Pak n' Save New Zealands budget supermarket was right near by so we went in there to get our dinner and then back to our hostel to cook it! We've got a load of vouchers for free beer at certain bars so were going to take advantage of those tonight I think but its not going to be a late one as our bus is leaving at 9.30 tomorrow morning heading for River Valley where we may indulge in some White Water Rafting!

No comments: