Monday, June 13, 2005

Skydive

Chris and Stu left on the bus to head for Wellington while Me and Justin got picked up to go to the Skydive place as today we were throwing ourselves out of a plane at 15,000 feet!

Luckily today was beautiful and the skies were blue - perfect weather for a skydive. 15,000 is the highest you can do in the world and the place we were doing it was also the cheapest in the world so it was all good! We both decided to get the package deal as included was the jump, a freefall DVD, 27 photos, and a t-shirt! As we had opted for the freefall DVD that meant a camera man also jumped out of the plane with me and my skydive master so video my freefall and also take some action photos!

We got on our jumpsuits and harnesses all set to go. I was jumping with a skydive master called lynette who was one of 20 women in the world which actually did this! We watched an instructional video and then all piled on the plane. I was the last one on so yup I was the first one out!!! I got strapped up to lynette, put on my gloves, hat and gloggles and got ready to plunge 15,000 feet. The door went up and I got into position sitting on the edge of the plane with my legs dangling off the side, I quick photo and we were off hurtling at a speed of 200kph with my back arched back like a banana and my legs back as far as they would go. After a few seconds I was able to let of of my harness that I was hangin onto and spread my arms it was amazing. I cant even describe the feeling off falling through the air and seeing the earth beneath you it was out of this world. The freefall time was approx 60 secounds had a bit of fun with the cameraman on the way down before releasing the parachute and relaxing while I sailed through the air taking in the scenery around me. We did a swoop and a few circles before landing in the target zone which were completely awesome, Its defiantely the best thing Iv'e done so far it even beat the caving expereience and I would definately do it again!

We got changed and then went to the viewing room where our videos were on show. They really made a good job of the vid and I was really pleased with the outcome. Justin looked hilarious on his jump as he kept he mouth open and it was constanly inflated you will just have to wait and see haha! We then went and got our photos developed and put on CD which were really good too, well you will see when I post them on here how good they came out.

In the afternoon we went and played football at an organised thing where about 30 people turned up at so we had teams of ten and played for a couple of hours which was really good fun. Tonight everyone from the game is going to the holy cow at 8 as there putting on a pool comp with a prize of a $100 bar tab. We havn't got any plans for tomorrow so we will just see what happens!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good to see your having a good time, and I would definately do that!

Anonymous said...

All sounds wikkid, I bet the freefall felt so long? (which I think is good yeah)
How did you get on in the pool comp? I bet I would have won it hehe :OP, chat to you later mate. Stu

magickev said...

Hey,

Pool comp didnt go too bad I got into the semis and lost a game I could have easily have won but nevermind. I just wanted to beat this cocky guy who thought he was a right hotshot and I did so whiped the smirk off his face haha so I was happy enought with that!