Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Westport

From Nelson we headed west to a place called Westport stopping off at Nelson Lakes on the way. In Westport we had the option of doing Jet Boating, Horse Riding, and Quad Biking. I quite fancied the quad biking but found out when we got there that It wasn't on as some off the staff were off ill, or more like they had been to the Rugby match in Dunedin and not made it back!

So instead I decided to do Jet Boating along with everyone else on the bus.The Jet Boating was on the Buller River and lasted approx 1 1/4 hours. It was actually alot better than I had expected, I cant remember how much horse power the boat had but it was a lot and goddam fast. The driver was telling us that it could out manouvre any smaller boat and he proved it by going in and out of these rocks which were so close to the boat I dont know how he managed to squeeze through. We did some spins which were kool although I managed to get a wet bum even though I was kitted out with all the waterproof gear so god knows how that happened. The fire back at the base soon sorted that out though :)

Westport is pretty much in the middle of knowhere but the hostel "Basils" that we stayed at was ok and we managed to find a hotel around the corner serving roast dinners so that was a bonus. In the evening I just sat in front of the tv and watched Mr Deeds.

No comments: