Thursday, June 30, 2005

Christchurch

The journey from Queenstown to Christchurch was a nice 8hr drive but It didnt actaully seem that bad as I managed to get some sleep and then after lunch we watched American Pie. We did make a few stop offs on the way for food and stuff and also to the sheep dog memorial haha!

When we got to Christchurch we checked into our accommodation and then went on the search for a cinema as we all wanted to go see War of the Worlds. We found a cinema right near the main square and also managed to get student rates which was kool and saved us a few dollars.

I had big expectations for War of the Worlds but I was left a bit dissapointed. The acting was really good and the effects were amazing, and the storyline wasn't too bad until the ending which really let it down.

I dont have many plans for Christchurch it doesnt reallt have much to offer apart from shops and Im not planning on buying anything. I have a few things to do before getting my flight tomorrow such as laundry, updating this, getting a new pin for my watch (I broke a pin while snowboarding) and getting some toothpaste so should keep me occupied.

Next time I update will be in Samoa if I can find somewhere that has access otherwise it will be on the 5th July when I get into LA.

Just to remind everyone It is my birthday on the 4th so I expect some birthday posts :D

No comments: