Friday, June 17, 2005

River Valley

Well I started off the day by visiting the post office in Taupo as my camera should have been there for me to collect, but guess what it wasn't!!! And the really annoying thing was that my bus was leaving Taupo within 30 minutes so I ended up having to get it forwarded to Nelson so I could collect it when I got there. By the time I had sorted all of that out I made it on the bus a couple of minutes before It was leaving so cut it real close.

On the bus journey I got stuck back into my book which I managed to finish and then swopped with Justin so I am now reading 1st to die and so far it is really messed up. We passed Mount Doom on the way which was now covered in snow (The Mountain in the LOTR ROTK) and then stopped off for a walk. Neither me or Justin went on the walk as our leg muscles were still suffereing from when we played football in Taupo, that what happens when you dont do any stretches!!

River Valley was basically in the middle of knowhere and there wasn't an awful lot to do especially as the weather was pretty rubbish. We ended up just playing cards until dinner time and then got comfy ready for the Lions game which was average but at least we won. There was the option to do a grade 5 water rafting trip but we were feeling lazy and decided to do it somewhere else and have a sleep instead. I got up for breakfast at 9 planning to have brekkie quickly then jump back into bed as the bus wasn't leaving until 1pm but I noticed a sign saying we would have to check out by 10am so we had to quickly get all our stuff together so we were ready to go which really messed up my sleep in.

No comments: