Monday, May 16, 2005

Bald Rock National Park

This was the last day of our trip to Byron Bay. Before hitting Byron we made a stop at Bald Rock National Park to take a hike to the top of a super huge granite rock, second in size to Ulura at Alice Springs. It was a pretty hot day and the fact my muscles were still aching from the horse ride the day before made the hike a bit of a struggle. The hike was quite nice and the rock formations were really kool. When we got to the top of the rock the views were amazing and we all got a group photo at the top, which did take quite a while as there were about 25 cameras haha. There was also a book to sign at the top of the rock which I stamped my name on :) We then took an alternate route back down the rock which was really steep and ended up knackering my calf muscles as well. We then had a 3 1/2 hour ride to Byron Bay but it was bearable as the drivers cd collection was pretty good and passed the time.

When we got to Byron everyone off the bus checked into the Holiday Village so I ended up sharing a 4 bed dorm with people off the bus. Everyone decided to meet up in a few hours at the pub/club across the road called Cheeky Monkeys. I went over with a few people and got my dinner which wasn't too good but nevermind. Cheeky Monkeys was kind of a party bar and they started playing games to win beer. Later on they also had a wet T-shirt competition which was pretty funny and then it turned into a club. I didnt stay till the end but It was a good night as everyone from the bus was there. I left at about 1 as I was still quite tired from getting up at 6 the past few days and wanted to get up for the sun.

No comments: