Sunday, May 29, 2005

Long Island - Day 3

My final day at sea and we had all decided to spend it at a resort on Long Island so we could take advantage of their facilities. There was a pool with a vollyball net, a jacuzzi, sauna, table tennis, and hammocks! We had a good hour or so sail to get there which was good fun and I also got to do some steering which is a lot more difficult than it looks, as the wheel looks really light from watching other people steer.

When we got to the resort everyone layed out there towels on the sun loungers and I jumped in the jacuzzi!! After I gotbored of the jacuzziI went for a dip in the pool which was super cold in comparison but once you were in it felt quite nice. Some other people got in after a while and we got a bit of volleyball on the go which was a good laugh. Me and Alan also had a game of headers over the net, though its a lot harder in water and we only managed to get 7 headers in a row between us. I went for a dry off in the sauna which had only just been turned and wasnt that hot so decided to come back later and go find the hammocks!!

The hammocks were super nice and hung in between two palm trees overlooking the beach it felt like paradise! I got a good dry off there and then went back to the sauna where it had got a lot hotter. We had to get back on the boat for 3 so I had a quick game of table tennis and then got back on the boat for our short sail to Shute Harbour where our trip was ending.

Everyone had a really good time and we all met up again at the bar in Beaches as Prosail had a table reserved and we were getting free jugs of beer! I really did end up drinking too much as they must have brought over about 20 jugs between us plus we had bought some jugs between some of us earlier haha. I impressed everyone with a few of my tricks which was really funny as no-one could work out how they were done and I didnt divulge any information. After Beaches we all headed to a club across the road called Mama's Africa and spent a few hours there. I had a good sleep in this morning and didnt rise until 1pm, Im just planning on chilling out today and have a mooch about Airlie to see whats about. Ive got my next bus in the morning which Is going to Magnetic Island where I will be spending a night before going up to Mission Beach.

No comments: