Sunday, May 08, 2005

Melbourne to Carins - Day 1 Foster

Hey everyone, sorry for the lack of updates over the past few days I have been unable to locate a computer during my 4 day trip to Sydney. Anyway I had to get up super early the first day for the bus and I had been out with some people from the hostel the previous night so wasnt feeling my best. I got picked up at 6.15 from outside the Victoria Arts Centre and it was the first pick up so got pick of the seats. We made a few other pick ups and ended up having 13 people on the bus, everyone was really kool and we had a good laugh on the bus heading to Foster our overnight stop. I did try to have a bit of a sleep though as I was still knackered and not feeling too great.

The bus consisted of Lawrence (awesome guide/driver), Christina and Tina (Norweigen), Ryan and Amy (Canadian), Cibrie and Oscar (Spanish), Thierry (English), Zorba (Aussie), Laura and Ceri (Welsh), Phil and Dave (English) so there was quite a mixture.

Anyway we got to Foster in good time and it was too early to check into out Hostel so we went to check out the beach in the National Park. 1/4 of this national park was burnt down from a bush fire started by one of the people working there who was actually trying to burn down just 4 acres, but the wind was too high and it spread! what an idiot. Anyway It wasnt a great day and was pretty cold but Ryan decided he was going to go for a swim so got changed and legged it into the sea, god knows how cold it was but he said it cured his hangover. After that we were going to hike up this big hill but a huge cloud had now covered the top and the main attraction was the view from the top so ended up going to the pub for a pool competition! Lawrence made little pieces of paper with different shapes on which were given to everyone and people who had the same shape paired up. My team member was Dave which I was pretty pleased about as I thought we would have a chance of winning and the prize was a 24 cans of beer!

Me and Dave got nicknamed the Killers due to our tactical talk and play haha. We ended up winning anyway woohoooo though we did share out prize with everyone as I wasnt really up for drinking much beer after the night before. By this time we could go to our accommodation which was actually pretty good apart from the fact of not having enough beds for everyone. We had 2 cabins between us which had 6 beds in each, two of the guys had to sleep on the sofas but luckily I had secured my bed so was ok. We had a en-suite bathroom and kitchen it was really nice, the food there was pretty decent too and had steak with stirfry and sausages.

No comments: