Monday, May 09, 2005

Sydney

Ok Ivé hit the city and now in Sydney!!!! Everyone was still asleep when I got up this morning so I went for a walk, I had spotted a tourist office down at the front last night so decide to head for that and get a map. It's about a half an hour walk to the front from the hostel so it's not too bad. I got to the tourist office and picked up a free sydney guide and some other leaflets then headed for the Opera house again to get a closer look. It was a really nice day so got some good pics of the area and then walked around the bay. There were so many people running along the front it was unbelievable, I did a little video on camera and it worked that about a person a second passed me. I walked all the way round the bay and then went inland through the Botanic Gardens. Had a quick look around the Government House grounds, they do tours of the house but only on weekends which was a bit annoying. I kept stopping in the Gardens for a sit down as the surroundings were so nice. When I got to the middle gardens I could hear loads of skwarking so looked up so see what birds were making the racket, but the trees were full of bats hanging from the branches.

The New South Wales Art Gallery was near-by and it was free admission so went to have a look. I spent a little while in there looking around as some of the paintings were really interesting. I then went to see how much it was to go up the Skytower as I had a 15% off voucher from my guide. It's so annoying how all the leaflets for attractions never have the price on grrrr. I found out you could get a ticket which gave you admission to the Skytower and the Aquarium which is discounted so I think I may get that tomorrow. A few of us are also moving hostels tomorrow and going to a place called Wakeup as the bathrooms where were staying now are really bad.

No comments: