Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Beach Bum

My second and last day at Byron Bay was also spent on the beach taking in the sun and trying to improve my tan. I went for a wander around the town in the morning as I hadn't really been to see what was around. I decided I wanted to buy a new belt as I hadn't brought one with me and it was annoying me!! Spent a while looking in various shops up the main street and ended up at the beach so thought I would go and get my belt later as I couldn't be bothered to walk all the way back to go to the shop I wanted. I met up with Clare and Jade on the beach and hung out there for a while. I then went for a walk over to the other beach where some of the guys offf my bus were playing football so joined in with them for a while which was good fun. After we had finished playing I went back over to the beach Clare and Jade were on and wrote my name in the sand in big letters :)

The sun started to dissapear behind the clouds for a while and it wasn't as hot so we went back to the hostel before making our way back into town. After a lot of debating and pondering I finally decided on a belt and got it woo! I was also looking for a zipped jumper as I will probably need it once I hit New Zealand due to it being winter and cold but didnt have any luck with that :(

I had my voucher for a free meal and beer at Cheeky Monkeys so went over the road to redeem that. I was limited to what I could have so opted for the pasta and bolognese which when I got it was only enough to feed a mouse and tasted like it was for a dog so wasn't too happy about that and the beer was really small too. I was basically in and out in a few minutes and went to the bakery to get a sausage roll.

Back at the hostel everyone from my bus was drinking and listening to music at one of the tables so I went and chilled out with them for a while. We then played a drinking game which was pretty fun, though I didnt drink too much as I needed to be up for my bus in the morning. The two canadian girls that were in my dorm came back so I went and had a chat to them as I hadnt really spoken to them much. Matt the other guy in my dorm then came in a joined in on the conversation so sat in my dorm talking for a while before going back out to

No comments: