Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Summer Bay

Today was my last day in Sydney so thought I would check out some of the beaches as I had seen most fo the other sights. One of the girls in my dorm had said she went to the beach where home and away is filmed and met Irene!!! I though Id have some of that so got on the bus to Palm Beach which is Sydneys most northern beach. It took about an hour and a half to get there and they wern't doing any filming today which sucked so I never got to see any home and away action. The beach was really nice though and you could walk to the surf club and kiosk, which was basically a building used by the sea rescue and just had the kiosk and summer bay signs up so was still pretty kool. I got some photos of that and also the paths down to the sea which you always see people walking down on the show so was still pretty happy. It was a really nice day so had a stroll along the beach and back to the bus stop.

Got my map out and had a look where I was, Manley Beach was sort of on the way back so decided to drop in there before I went back to the city. I had to change buses but wasn't much of a problem and got there ok. Walked along the beach and watched people playing volleyball, It was a bit chilly as the palm trees were casting a shadow over the beach so headed for the town area where it was a bit warmer. I had heard you could get a ferry back to Circular bay (nr the Opera House) so though I may as well get that back. I browsed around a few shops in the town and then went and found manly wharf where the ferry departed.

I managed to get a really good seat on the ferry which was on the top deck at the front so got a really good view of everything. The sun was just going down as I boarded so the view was even better. The journey was really nice and I managed to get some good photos. By the time I arrived at Circular Bay it was nearly dark so though I would stick around for a little while until it was dark so I could get some night shots of the Bridge and the Opera House.

Im using the computers at Base Backpackers as I can plug in my camera and stuff which I can't at the other hostel which is the only downside. Im going to make my way back to my hostel now and get something to eat. Im leaving Sydney tomorrow heading up to Byron Bay, there are 2 overnight stops so should get there sometime on Saturday. Again Im not sure what the situation will be with Internet access so may not be able to update my blog for a few days!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds as if youve had a wikkid time, keep it up... take care,

Stu