Monday, May 16, 2005

Byron Bay

Woo first day at Byron Bay and the sun is out the play!! I managed to get in contact with my friend Clare Rose from Rugby who is also in Byron Bay at the moment so met up with her and her friends to hang out at the beach! I had a go at Body Boarding but it just wasnt happening for me, I then though id have a bash at skimming where you try and skim across the shore on the board but ended up flat on my face haha. You could see all the fish in the sea when a wave came up as they were all swimming across the wave, It was a really good to see.

There are three or four different beaches at Byron so I though Id take a walk along the front to the other beaches and check them out. On the beach next to the one I was on was this guy making a awesome sand castle. Unfortunately I had forgotten to pick up my camera before I left so was unable to get any pictures :( I went for quite a long walk and went all the way to the end of Main Beach where there was a big rock that you could go up which gave a really good view across the beaches and of all the surfers. On the way back there were fishermen than had just taken a huge net into the sea and come back with hundreds of huge fish which I stopped and stared at for a while. The sun was starting to go down so we left the beach and I went back to my hostel to get a shower before meeting back up with Care and her friends for dinner.

I ordered a Mexican Pizza as it was on special and was actually really good. We then went to the supermarket to get a few things and I also needed to top up of toothpaste so sorted that out! No-one was really up for going out so I went back to the hostel Clare was staying at and hung out there for the rest of the night.

Iv'e booked my Fraser Island and Whitsundays tours which Im really looking forward too as everyone has said there amazing. I got a really good deal too and have 6 nights accommodation free amongst other things. I only have one day left in Byron before I get the Oz bus to Hervey Bay where I will be doing my Fraser Island Trip!!

No comments: