Monday, May 16, 2005

Bingara

Started the day off by coming across a Reb Belly Blacksnake roadkill just after we had left on the bus so everyone hopped out for a look. Our overnight stop was Bingara and we were heading straight there with just a brief stop off for lunch in Tamworth. Most people slept on the bus to catch up with on there sleep as it was quite easy to nod off and it was a bit of a ride to Bingara. We got to Bingara around 3 and I had signed up to go Horse Riding when we got there. We were going on a 2 1/2 hour trek and I ended up with a Horse called Honey. Obviosly I didnt have a clue what to do as I hadn't been on a horse before so got some tips and then headed off. The horses were trained to follow each other which was a help, It took me a little while to master the motion of going up and down when the horse started to run but I eventually got there after repeatedly smashing my bum on the saddle which did kinda hurt. The ride was really good though and we went across a couple of rivers which was wikkid even though I did get splashed a bit. The scenery was really good too and on the way back Honey decided not to follow the group up a path and bolted up a really steep embankment which was a bit of a shock and quite amausing to everyone else. The next morning everyone was suffering and I especially felt the repercussions when I sat down for breakfast. We spent the night in a dorm which was attached to a pub so we all spent the evening there.

No comments: