Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Sydney From The Sky

Well this morning me, dave and phil checked out of Base Backpackers and checked into Wake Up! which was about a fifteen minute walk away. Were so glad we have moved as Wake Up! is so much nicer and cleaner. By the time I had sorted myself out it was about 12 and I was starting to feel pretty hungry so went on the search for food. I spotted a pizza hut and couldn't resist, so I ended up having a all you can eat buffet which worked out quite well. I stuffed 8 slices of pizza, two bowls of salad and a bowl of ice cream so I was set for the day.

I wanted to go up the Sydney Skytower so made my way there, I had picked up a 15% off voucher so that was a bonus. If I remember rightly its 250ft high and you could see across all of sydney it was an amazing view of the city. They also had binoculars there similar to Rialto Towers which was good as you follow people walking around. Got some photos and then went back down the lift to go on the OzTrek which was also included in the ticket price. The Oztrek was basically a movie where you were sat in chairs that moved simulating motion, it was ok but nothing special.

I then thought Id go and have a look at Cockle Bay as I hadn't been there yet and that's where the Sydney Aquarium was located. It didn't take too long to get there as it was a short walk from the SkyTower. When I got there I decided to go in the Aquarium first and have a look around the Bay afterwards. The Aquarium was really good and had all sorts of strange sea cretures, I especially liked the underwater observation rooms for the sharks and seals as you could see them swim over you. There were also these really kool jellyfish that were lit up with a red light that they gave off and some sand hopping fish. I also managed to find Nemo and the gang, If anyone is interested they are doing fine and now live happily at Sydney Aquarium!

I then had a little wander around the bay which was mainly bars and restuarants but looked quite kool at night all lit up. I then went back to the Hostel where I met the rest of the people staying in my dorm (Im staying in a 8 bed) all of which seemed pretty kool. Two of them are leaving in the morning though so im sure there will be a couple of new people to meet tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Typical kevin, always leaving things to the last minute... lol

Stu,

p.s. looking forward to your next blog.. :0)

Anonymous said...

"Struuuuuuuuth coppa!!!"
Hope everything's going well mate, by the looks of it you're having a great time! :-)

Take care of your self!
Mattchu :-) XX